Haute RouteChamonix – Zermatt
The famous ski-tour Haute Route starts in Chamonix and ends in Zermatt and takes you through the heart of the alps with magnificent alpine surroundings.
There exists several different variants for Haute Route. One classic route passing the well known Swiss ski resort Verbier. Together we can discuss the different options we have for the route.
Arrival to Geneva airport and transfer to Chamonix for overnight stay at Hotel.
We start the Haute Route traverse, skiing down from Grands Montets, climbing up passing the Swiss border and through col du Chardonnet and Fenêtre de Saleina. Spending the night at Trient hut.
Skiing down Val’Arpette to Champex. Transfer to Verbier and lift up to Mont Fort. We continue with small climbs up to the Col de la Chaux 2940m and Col de Momin 3003m. Then skiing down to Prafleuri hut where we spend the night.
The day begins with skinning up to the Col de Roux 2804m. Then skiing down to La Barma, the route takes us over Lac des Dix to Pas du Chat. We spend the night at Dix hut.
From Dix hut to Vignettes hut by ascending the beautiful summit Pigne d´Arolla, 3796m.
Great day from Vignettes hut to Bertol. From this hut the sunset and sunrise is unbelievable beautiful.
From Bertol hut to Zermatt. Skiing next to the great North face of Matterhorn. Transfer back to Chamonix in the afternoon.
Together we discuss the need for extra days before the start of the tour and extra “bad weather days”. Preparation day can be equipment adjustments, skiing and training day on Vallé Blanche, just to make sure that everything is ok before the trip starts. During the first or second day we also do a safety briefing and review of avalanche safety equipment.
We are happy to arrange “Haute Route” Chamonix-Zermatt from mid Mars to beginning of May.
Check if we have this activity already planned in the booking calendar, if not make a request and we will get back to you soon.
Geneva airport. Bus transfer to Chamonix.
Offpist & ski-touring skills
6 days skiing + 2 travel days.
Mid Mars to beginning of May.
The skier needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
From 650 CHF/day. Please contact us for further price info.
Expenses for the guide is not included in the daily fee (lifts, travel costs, lodging etc.).
The price is based on the recommended daily fee by the Swiss Bergführerverband, SBV.
Guide fee depends on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
- Ski-touring equipment; skis, skins, ski-crampons, poles, ski-touring boots
- Transceiver, probe, showel
- Crampons, harness, ice-axe
- Backpack 35-40 liters
- Warm hat & sunhat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit & painkillers: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts