Mont Blanc ski descentChamonix
The ascent of Mont Blanc 4808m, requires lots of commitment, its very long and technical. Also, climbing and skiing Mont Blanc is very rewarding, giving you a lifetime experience and probably one of the best ski descents in the alps.
Further more, a six day program in Chamonix will give us plenty oppurtunities to discover the best ski-mountaineering terrain in the world.
We will enjoy four days of ski-mountaineering in the best of terrain before our ascent of Mont Blanc. We will ski where the conditions are best at the moment. Here’s an example of a six day program.
Preparing equipment and packing. Skiing from Aiguille du Midi, 3842m. Warm up ski-tour up on Aiguille de Toule. Training on steep ground with crampons and ice-axe. Descent of Vallé Blanche and sleeping in the Requin hut.
After breakfast we climb up to Brèche Puiseux, a 1000m steep climb. From the top we descent the magnificent Mont Mallet glacier down to Leschaux hut where we spend the night.
Skiing the south couloir of Aiguille de l’Éboulement. Spending the night in Chamonix.
The first day of two summit days we climb up to the Grands Mulets hut. A 3hour ski-tour from Plan de l’Aiguille. After midnight we start our climb up to Mont Blanc by the North ridge of Dôme du Goûter. If the conditions are right we start our descent straight from the top down the North face. We’re back in Chamonix by lunch. We have on extra day for the summit if weather conditions are not in our favor.
Together we discuss the need for extra days before or after the ascent of Mont Blanc. Ad training and acclimatization days before the ascent or extra days for the summit.
We are happy to arrange Mont Blanc climbs from April to June
Check if we have this activity already planned in the booking calendar, if not make a request and we will get back to you soon!
Excellent fitness. Very good skiing ability in steep terrain and in all kind of snow conditions. Previous experience of ski-touring and mountaineering is required.
April to June
The client needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
Price 6 day program
For extended programs please contact us for further information
Expenses for the guide is not included in the daily fee(lifts, travel costs, lodging etc.)
The price is based on the recommended daily fee by the Swiss Bergführerverband, SBV.
Guide fee depends on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
Mont Blanc equipment list
Below is a recommended checklist that may change depending on conditions and choice of Mont Blanc route. Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
- Light-weight ski-touring skis, light-weight ski-boots, poles
- Crampons, harness, ice-axe, helmet
- Backpack 30-35 liters, with skiing straps
- Head torch & spare batteries
- Warm hat & sunhat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts