Custom courses & personal guidingAlps
Weather you want to master basic winter ice and mixed climbing skills or climb a great North face we will start the develop and learning process at your level. Training and experience will open up huge amount of possible projects.
We meet up and climb where mountain conditions and weather are best for the moment. Where we end up is also based on your wishes and objectives.
We plan the days depending on what kind of climbing you want to do and progress in, alpine ice/mixed climbing or water icefall climbing. To maximize the progression and training outcome the days are tailored to your level, objectives and preferences. We climb hight quality routes while we go through various relevant elements and technics such as:
- Anchor systems & belay stance management
- Climbing technique
- Abalakov anchors and multiple rappels
- Clothing during winter climbs
- Tour planning and avalanche danger assessment
The big projekt
I can help fulfill your ambitions and objectives. Feel free to contact me to discuss a development plan for your future project.
Here’s an example of a three day weekend program in Chamonix with focus on alpine ice and mixed climbing routes:
Climbing on the north face of Aiguille du Midi by the Vent du Dragon or Burnier/Vogler route. Sleeping in Cosmiques hut.
Climbing on Mont Blanc du Tacul 4248m, by the Lafaille gully. Sleeping in Torino hut.
Climbing the classic North face of Tour Ronde. Skiing down the famous Vallé Blanche down to Chamonix in the afternoon.
We are happy to arrange customized alpine ice and mixed guiding days and courses all days during the week from Oktober to beginning of June. For water ice climbing in central Switzerland and other parts of the alps the best period is from December to beginning of February.
Please make a request about what, when and where and we will get back to you soon.
Beginners to expert
Oktober to beginning of June
The client needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
1 client from 550CHF per day
2 clients from 650CHF per day
Trips and courses with travel days have their own pricing.
Expenses for the guide is not included in the daily fee(lifts, travel costs, lodging etc.)
The price is based on the recommended daily fee by the Swiss Bergführerverband, SBV.
Guide fee depends on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
Ice climbing equipment list
Below is a recommended checklist that may change depending on conditions and choice of route. Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
Technical crampons, harness, two technical ice-axes, helmet, winter mountain boots
For some alpine winter climbs we need ski-touring equipment to get to the base of the climb. Light weight skis, ski-boots, skins, poles.
- Backpack 35 liters
- Head torch & spare batteries
- Warm hat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts