Into the Wild – Jungfrau ski adventureGrindelwald
Into the wild – the wild corner of Jungfrau region. This amazing place is for those who want to explore the wild part of the Jungfrau region.
You need the level – a good portion of ski-touring experience and stamina! This ski-adventure starts from Jungfraujoch and going east towards Schreckhorn – Aarbivack – Rosenlaui.
This ski-adventure starts from Jungfraujoch and going east towards Schreckhorn – Aarbivack – Rosenlaui. There is lot to discover around here and off course numerous variants.
Good weather, thick snow cover on the glaciers and stable avalanche situation is off course necessary to ski around here. The conditions need to be perfect. When it is you will be rewarded by the wildest alpine terrain the Swiss alps can offer!
Many mountain huts including Schreckhorn, Gleckstein, Aarbivack and Berglihütte is unguarded which means you have to bring your own food. You have to make fire, chop wood and melt snow to get water. Not for the lazy ones!
Starting from Grindelwald with train up to Jungfraujoch. From here we ski down the huge glacier landscape of Eismeer. With skins we climb up to Pfaffestecki, from there we ski down towards Schreckhornhütte where we stay for the night.
Skitouring up towards Finsteraarjoch and Nass Strahlegg. From here there are numerous ski options down to Aarbiwak depending on snow conditions and weather. Long glacier slopes or steep couloirs.
Skitouring along the north face of Schreckhorn to summit of Nässihorn 3741m. Magic sunset and overnight stay at Glecksteinhütte high above Grindelwald.
Big day climbing the steep slopes under Mittelhorn. Long descent down Rosenlaui glacier to the Hotel of Rosenlaui valley.
Dates for season 2023
Please contact us for info!
Please feel free to contact us about requests. Mid April to mid May is good period of the season to this tour.
Flight to Zürich. Train to Grindelwald
- You have no problem to ski 40 degrees in any type of snow conditions.
- You can with no problem do +1400m per day upwards and you don’t have any problems with kick turns in steep terrain.
- You have experience of skiing on glaciers and know how to do a glacier rescue.
- Your motivated to live the simple life that comes with staying at unguarded huts. Team-work is no problem for you.
- You know how to use ice axe and crampons.
If you want to come along on this ski-adventure but need more experience you can get the right training by signing up on our popular camps or by booking a private session/program:
We ski in private groups up to 5 clients per guide. If you’re a bigger group the trip is led by two UIAGM mountain guides.
Mid April to mid May.
The skier needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
From 1200 CHF/day.
Travel to Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch. 3 nights in mountain huts. Rental equipment.
Guide fee depends on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
The price is based on the recommended daily fee by the Swiss Bergführerverband, SBV.
Into the wild equipment list
Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
- Ski-touring equipment; skis, skins, ski-crampons, poles, ski-touring boots
- Transceiver, probe, showel
- Crampons, harness, ice-axe
- Backpack 35-40 liters
- Warm hat & sunhat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit & painkillers: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts