Urner Haute RouteAndermatt - Engelberg
The Urner Haute Route, remote mountain terrain and big mountain skiing. This traverse is also known as the skiers haute route because of its high quality skiing during the tour.
Join us for a five day traverse through the mountains between Andermatt and Engelberg.
The mountain terrain between Andermatt and Engelberg is huge. Many variations is possible. Depending on conditions, group size and the level of the group we choose the right route that fits best. Below is the classic route.
Meeting in Engelberg.
Transfer from Engelberg to Realp, skinning up to Albert Heim hut, 2543m. First day during our traverse we have a safety briefing and review of avalanche safety equipment.
Climb up to Lochberg 3074m and skiing down to Göscheneralpsee. Overnight at Chelanalphütte, 2350m.
Big day on Sustenhorn, 3505m. Skiing down to Steingletscher Hotel where we spend the night.
Ascent of Fürfingersstock, 2993m, and skiing down to Sustlihütte, 2257m.
Ascent of Grassen, 2946m and ski descent down to Engelberg.
Dates for season 2022
12 – 16 Mars, 30 Mars – 3 April & 4-8 April
Please feel free to contact us about requests. Mars and April is good period of the season to this tour.
Flight to Zürich. Train to Engelberg.
Offpist & ski-touring skills
We ski in private groups up to 6 clients per guide. If you’re a bigger group the trip is led by two UIAGM mountain guides. If you are alone and want to take part of a mixed coordinated group we collaborate closely with local guide bureau, Engelberg Mountain Guides.
Mid Mars to mid April.
The skier needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
1200 CHF/person. Including five touring days with UIAGM mountain guide.
Travel to Engelberg. 4 nights in mountain hut half board(ca. 340CHF). Lunch and drinks. Rental equipment.
Guide fee depends on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
The price is based on the recommended daily fee by the Swiss Bergführerverband, SBV.
Urner Haute Route equipment list
Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
- Ski-touring equipment; skis, skins, ski-crampons, poles, ski-touring boots
- Transceiver, probe, showel
- Crampons, harness, ice-axe
- Backpack 35-40 liters
- Warm hat & sunhat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit & painkillers: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts