Heli touringAbisko - Nallo
We access the best area in Sweden for skitouring with one day heli skiing from Abisko.
After a couple of days in the wilderness, staying in Nallo and Tarfala hut, we end our trip with a Heli pick-up back to Abisko.
Arrival to Kiruna and transport out to Abisko.
Heli-skiing from Abisko. Drop-off at Nallo hut at lunch. Ski-touring in the afternoon.
Ski-touring in the area around Nallo hut. In the evenings we enjoy the ease in front of the warm crackling stove.
Ski-touring traverse to Tarfala hut.
Ski-touring around Tarfala. If the weather is good we aim for a ski descent from Kebnekaise, the highest mountain in Sweden.
Heli pick up at Tarfala, heli-skiing back to Abisko.
Extra day if the weather is too bad for a heli pick-up the day before. This day can be used for some nice ski-touring around Riksgränsen or Narvik.
Departure day. Transfer back to Kiruna airport.
This week will contain a mix between world-class heli-skiing and ski-touring in the most remote and high alpine areas in Sweden. The week include ten heli drop-offs which we use the first and the last day of the week.
We stay three nights at Abisko Mountain Lodge. A very nice and comfortable lodge which serve great local produced food.
When we are out in the great wilderness we stay at Nallo and Tarfala hut. Here we cook our own food which is transported out before. There’s no wifi or mobile connection. We socialize and enjoy fresh air, calm and wildlife.
We will run this week 9-15 May with arrival the 9:th and departure the 15:th.
Heli-touring week and Keb Haute Route can be arranged from mid April to mid May. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or if you want to book other dates.
Air transport to Kiruna. Bus or taxi to Abisko.
The standard at Abisko Mountain Lodge is very good. During the ski-traverse we sleep in Tarfala and Nallo hut. Here we have to cook our own food but we don’t need to carry anything, everything that we need is already transported out to the huts.
Offpist & ski-touring skills
7days skiing + 2travel days.
Mid April to mid May.
The skier needs a travel and accident insurance for the implementation of this activity.
24500kr/person (2900 CHF/person). Including 6 days with UIAGM mountain guide, 3nights at Abisko Mountain Lodge, 4nights at huts. Breakfast/lunch/dinner. 10 heli-dropoffs.
Travel to Abisko. Drinks at Abisko Mountain Lodge.
Guide fee is depending on
- Type of activity and where
- Course seriousness and difficulty
- Course length (day tour or bivinights included)
- If going alone or in a bigger group
- If booking a single day or several days
- High season or low season
Heli-touring Ski-Mountaineering Equipment
Please contact us if you need to rent anything of the list below.
- Ski-touring equipment; skis, skins, ski-crampons, poles, ski-touring boots
- Transceiver, probe, showel
- Crampons, harness, ice-axe
- Backpack 30-40 liters
- Warm hat & sunhat
- Warm jacket
- Underlayer, mid layer, extra socks
- Jacket (wind and waterproof)
- Trousers (wind and waterproof)
- Thin and warm gloves
- Ski-googles and sunglasses
- Water bottle 1 liter
- Snacks, Bars
- Blister kit: Including Compeed blister plasters and elastoplast or similar
- Earplugs: If you sleep together in the dormitory at the mountain station and there is a lot of movement.
- Sleeping sheet for the huts